In preparation for events surrounding the rededication of the St. George Temple, the Church History Department is seeking memorabilia from the first St. George Temple Dedication of April 6, 1877. These items could include photos, ribbons, buttons, tickets, advertisements, journal entries, and anything that may have helped the Saints as they celebrated the dedication of the first temple west of the Mississippi.
Ownership of these items will remain with the family. For a short time, the Church History Department would like to make arrangements to borrow such items. Please have those who have such items contact the directors of the St. George Region Communication Council, Steve or Michelle King at (801) 232-3920,email@example.com. This is an urgent request, as these items will need to be researched and authenticated before the temple is rededicated.
With much gratitude,
Elder Michael S Wilstead Area Seventy